Claridge House Promise
We are delighted to welcome you to Claridge House Chicago.
The health and wellbeing of our guests and associates is paramount. As part of our ongoing commitment to you, we have implemented enhanced standards of care and cleanliness to ensure a safe and comfortable stay with us. Please find the information below outlining some changes you may anticipate during your stay. Thank you for choosing Claridge House for your Chicago getaway.
General Property Information
- Claridge House is implementing the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s Safe Stay industry-wide initiative, developed under the guidance of its Advisory Council, comprised of industry leaders representing all segments of the hotel industry, and in conjunction with public health experts to advance best practices for protecting against the coronavirus.
- The hotel has developed enhanced standards of care and cleanliness, as well as training and protocols, in partnership with cleaning industry expert Ecolab, with over 100 years of experience in assisting hospitality, public health, food safety and hygiene services.
- Ecolab and P&G Professional products are used property-wide, including laundry, housekeeping and dining.
- The entire property has been deep cleaned and thoroughly sanitized, with products certified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Multiple sanitation cleanings occur throughout the day to ensure safe and comfortable environments for our guests and team. All public spaces will be cleaned and sanitized with leading sanitization products from Ecolab daily and as needed.
- Hand sanitization stations are located throughout the property.
- Guests care items including hand sanitizer, disposable masks, and gloves, will be available from Guest Services upon request.
- All associates have undergone extensive health and safety training related to our enhanced standards of care promise.
- Our associates will wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including masks and gloves, and maintain safe distancing from fellow team members.
- The health of our associates is being carefully monitored while on duty. Team members, and any vendors or contractors, who have any reason to believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19, or have related symptoms, have been instructed to stay home and seek proper medical attention.
Arrival and Departures
- Guest arrivals will be spaced apart and check-in will be expedited to accommodate minimal contact.
- Access to the property will be through the automatic doors at the front entrance.
- Guests will receive a final bill via email prior to departure, so it will not be necessary to visit the Front Desk to complete your check-out.
- Valet service is provided at the third party parking lot located next door to the hotel.
- Bell service will be suspended. Bell Carts will be available for guest use and will be sanitized between uses.
- The Guest Services team may be reached by telephone at 312-787-4980 for additional assistance.
- Housekeeping associates will wear personal protective equipment throughout the entire cleaning process.
- All surfaces are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected with best in class Ecolab recommended cleaning agents –– with special attention given to high-touch items such as door handles, light switches, thermostats, telephones, remote controls, alarm clocks, drapery pulls, furniture knobs, appliances, faucet handles, and toilet and shower handles.
- Our rooms are “sealed” after cleaning so they are not entered prior to your arrival.
- Daily housekeeping service will be suspended, there will not be traditional housekeeping services in your room during your stay.
- Housekeeping will deliver requested essential items by tray or parcel outside of your guestroom.
- Upon arrival or throughout your stay, we can arrange options for additional requests and linen exchanges.
- Guestroom tea and coffee self-serve items are temporarily suspended.
- Guestrooms will remain vacant for an extended period following guest checkout in accordance with the Illinois Hotel and Lodging Association’s Clean and Safe standards.
- Juniper will be open for full coffee and bar service. Please see our website or speak with guest services for updated hours of operation.
- At this time, dining offerings for pickup/carry out will be available from Juniper on a limited basis.
- Our front desk team members will be able to assist you with local restaurant recommendations.
- A safety barrier has been installed at the bar to provide safe distancing and minimal contact.
- Table spacing and seating in our public and dining areas have been adjusted to allow for proper social distancing between guests and tables.
- The number of guests at a single table will be limited to a household unit or those who have asked to be seated together, in accordance with local and state regulations. Those in the same party, seated at the same table, do not need to be six feet apart.
- Self-serve buffets, condiments and utensils will be suspended. All food will be served only by team member associates.
- Menus will be single-use or sanitized after each use.
- All surfaces will be sanitized in between guest seating and with increased regularity at other times.
The Spa and Fitness Center
- At this time, the Fitness Center remains closed. We will resume operation based on guidelines provided by the CDC, government mandates, and our local Department of Health.
- The front desk will have running maps and complimentary fitness app recommendations available.
- Some Fitness Center equipment will be made available for delivery to guest rooms for personal use. Please check with our guest services team for options and availability. All equipment used this way will be sanitized between uses.
- The Gold Coast Spa is currently operating according to state and local personal care services guidelines. For more information on their operating procedures, or for reservations and general information, please contact them at 312-440-9767 or visit www.spaatthegoldcoast.com.